nafex - Re: [NAFEX] pruning peaches

  • From: Anton Callaway <marillen@earthlink.net>
  • To: orders@cuttsreviews.com, North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] pruning peaches
  • Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2011 20:49:45 -0400 (GMT-04:00)

Jay,

I think your question was directed to Alan & not me, but since I was in the
"To" field, I'll give a try at addressing it...

Yes, the 1st year growth is at the end of the 2nd year. Except in a system
that I'll mention in a reply to Alan, you wouldn't cut off >all< the 2nd year
growth (& thus all the first year growth), but selectively remove part of it.
The rest of the tree would still have some older growth and some of the
1-year wood with the fruit buds.

Anton
North Carolina