nafex - Re: [NAFEX] mulberries

  • From: Matt Demmon <mdemmon@gmail.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] mulberries
  • Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2011 22:16:38 -0400

I did a little research, and it looks like there are many many Kokuso
cultivars, and some say they are M. alba, M. latifolia, M. nigra.
Interesting. It was sold to me as M. nigra, and although I didn't look at it
with a magnifying glass, the leaves and growth form were very different from
any M. alba I've seen. As well as much fatter tastier berries.

I guess it doesn't really matter what it was, but I would recommend it if
you could get it!

-matt