nafex - [NAFEX] plans for wolfberries

  • From: Amelia Hayner <abhayner@gmail.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] plans for wolfberries
  • Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2011 11:42:34 -0500

This may completely negate all the good healthy things that goji is sposed to do for you.. but I am planning on letting them ripen.. and making a simple sugar syrup ( 1 part sugar, 1 part water, cooked till it sheets off the spoon like jelly) and pour a little over the berries, to check the skins and draw out some of the juice.
Put them in a largish wide-mouthed jar-
then, I think I would use rum instead of vodka, and pour up level with the top of fruit, and keep them in that, as they came in.
I used to know of a Quaker family, that developed coughs on a regular basis, so that they could be treated with the cherry cough syrup that was the grandmother's recipe.
it was pretty much the same as this.. but used rock candy as the sweetener. And, in that case, bourbon.
I remember once having a small delicious juice-size glass of that.. and when i went to stand up my legs were like noodles.
but I wasn't coughing!!! ha ha!
Amy