nafex - [NAFEX] Genetic weapon against honeybee mites

  • From: Bill Garthright <billg@inebraska.com>
  • To: NAFEX List <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Genetic weapon against honeybee mites
  • Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2010 07:52:51 -0600

FYI, here's an article about a genetic weapon being developed to fight Varroa mites on honeybees:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/earth/hi/earth_news/newsid_9306000/9306572.stm

The headline and first paragraph claim they've "developed" this weapon, but that's an exaggeration. Later, you read that it's at an "early, experimental stage," and that it will take years of further development before there's a product available.

Still, I thought it was interesting, and somewhat on-topic here.  :-)

Bill
Lincoln, NE (zone 5)

http://garthright.blogspot.com/

--
One day, we'll all think back on this time in our country's history, and we'll think to ourselves, "Thank god we're all dead." - Dennis DiClaudio