nafex - [NAFEX] Rosemary

  • From: Martha Davis <martha_davis@earthlink.net>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Rosemary
  • Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2010 17:35:20 -0700

I did not get Rosemary to survive in the greater Chicago area, but now in a dry climate with low temps bottoming out at -10 people with priviledged microsites can get them to survive.  I assume you are trying the hardiest ones, Arp, Madline Hill, and Hall's Hardy.  The prostrate ones are signficantly less hardy.  I am waiting to see if my new spot at the base of a stone raised bed facing south will work, all the success stories here are in south facing sites, protected on the north side.

Martha Davis