nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Your favorite Hawthorns, Juneberries/Serviceberries, Crab-apple - and Munson plum discussion...

  • From: "Lon J. Rombough" <lonrom@hevanet.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Your favorite Hawthorns, Juneberries/Serviceberries, Crab-apple - and Munson plum discussion...
  • Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2010 17:51:58 -0800

1. Best I've had is <x-tad-bigger>Crataegus mollis. Soft, moist mild flavored.
Equally good is C. tanecetifolia. Large as a Bing cherry, dark red, easy to extract the pulp. Very biennial in bearing though.

4. I have P. munsoniana from Oikos. Very small fruits, but mild and pleasant, and the tree is exceptionally healthy. Burbank is supposed to have used it In Shiro, and I can see a family resemblence.
_Lon Rombough </x-tad-bigger>

Grape pruning video: http://www.bunchgrapes.com/dvd.html View a short, low resolution clip here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Q58zFY0B1M
A video about The Grape Grower : http://cookingupastory.com/index.php/2008/04/18/the-grape-grower/