nafex - [NAFEX] climate change? (and raspberries)

  • From: Ginda Fisher <list@ginda.us>
  • To: NAFEX Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] climate change? (and raspberries)
  • Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2010 09:55:42 -0400

While cleaning up my garden for the fall, yesterday, I found a lot of ripe
raspberries. I've had raspberries into early October, but I don't think I've
ever had them this late. I expect to get a couple more in November. I have
a 10' row of "Fall Red".

This was actually a terrible year for the raspberries. The summer drought
was hard on them, and lots of flowers withered in the late summer heat. And
the bluejays discovered them, and ate most of what ripened. So it was a nice
surprise to find a few handfuls of fat red berries waiting for me.

Happy Halloween!
Ginda

eastern MA, zone 6

  • [NAFEX] climate change? (and raspberries), Ginda Fisher, 10/31/2010