nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Autumn Olive Harvest

  • From: "V. Michael Bove, Jr." <vmb@teakettlefarm.com>
  • To: Hector Black <hblack1925@fastmail.fm>, North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Autumn Olive Harvest
  • Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2010 09:11:27 -0400

Around here, mowing twice a year just makes it stronger. Heck, we have the stuff (nicely bonsai'ed) growing in a side yard that gets mowed every two weeks...

I think goats might eat it but we don't have any goats. Given the price of triclopyr, maybe we need a few.

Cursing the folks who thought autumn olive and multiflora rose would be a good idea in New England,
Michael Bove
Teakettle Farm, Z6 (MA/RI border)