nafex - [NAFEX] Ginda's wish

  • From: Alan Haigh <alandhaigh@gmail.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Ginda's wish
  • Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2010 16:27:33 -0500

Ashmead Kernel is not like Goldrush or Ark Black which are both harder, later and more sour.  I find that animals and bees tend to be drawn to the russets like Ashmeads and Golden Russet.  They like Cox also.

I was at another site today where every fruit was taken from many varieties of apples peaches and pears,  but the Goldrush was still there.  When the squirrels are still hungry late in the season they'll definitely go after ripe Goldrush but then you can harvest it.  Most years they'll be focusing on nuts by then anyway.

  • [NAFEX] Ginda's wish, Alan Haigh, 09/21/2010