nafex - [NAFEX] rootless trees

  • From: "Ernest Plutko" <ernestplutko@wiktel.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] rootless trees
  • Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2010 11:58:57 -0500

This spring my son and I were in Iowa and saw a truck on the wayside
with a sign saying fruit trees. Two men had a lot of potted dormant
trees in their covered truck. Six for $100. I asked for Beacon .
No problem. Bought six for my son. Took them home and we discovered
the tree ends were cut off and wrapped with some fencing to keep them
firm in the dirt in the large pots. Stolen trees cut off in an
orchard probably. Sellers were really friendly. I did notice the
truck had Florida plates which made me slightly suspicious. Scammers
are always really friendly to the suckers.

  • [NAFEX] rootless trees, Ernest Plutko, 08/24/2010