nafex - [NAFEX] Claude Jolicoeur Cider Apples

  • From: "mail.siloamorchards.com" <mail@siloamorchards.com>
  • To: <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Claude Jolicoeur Cider Apples
  • Date: Sat, 24 Jul 2010 08:41:05 -0400

Greetings all,
                        Cider aficionados may be aware from past postings that Quebec nafexer Claude Jolicoeur has collected 3 unique cider apple varieties. The varieties Claude has named Banane Amere , Bilodeau, and Deuce de Charlevoix are described at http://grou.ps/groworganicapples/talks/514443 . Here at Siloam Orchards in Ontario we have begun to propagate these varieties. We have a few one year whips of Bilodeau available for fall 2010 / spring 2011 for Canadian cider explorers who are willing to collect data on growing these in other parts of the country. We hope to have the other 2 varieties available for fall 2011. Sorry, due to governmental restrictions we cannot ship to the USA or British Columbia.
          If interested please contact Eric Hambly at mail@siloamorchards.com
PS - Jackie , could you please post this in POMONA?