nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Evans cherry

  • From: "Erdman, James" <ErdmanJ@uwstout.edu>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Evans cherry
  • Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2010 08:47:57 -0500

I hoped to try the plastic cherry bead trick but can't find suitable beads.
Is there a mail order source available, along with the appropriate part
number, etc., so I can get the best size and color?
We have nets on 2 of our cherries, laid over a frame of PVC pipe, and the
nets are getting weathered and tear easily, and I can't find a source of
adequate sized netting that I can afford, so the beads sounds good.
I did also make a dozen or so wren houses hoping that wrens would drive away
the cherry eating birds (primarily robins, the Wisconsin official state bird,
and a disgusting pest, in my opinion). Don't have many wrens around, though,
and not sure why.

Thanks.

Jim, in Menomonie, WI