nafex - [NAFEX] Beetles eating plum leaves

  • From: Dan Nave <nave1@comcast.net>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Beetles eating plum leaves
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2010 20:11:48 -0500

I was a bit dismayed when I noticed a lot of very holey leaves on my young plum trees. Worst on the Alderman plum and a bit less on the Superior plum. Looking closely at the plants I noticed several greenish gold black beetles about as big as the tip of finger and figured that this is what was eating the leaves. I knocked as many as I could find into a container and dispatched them... The trees are still small enough to do this without much effort, but it still takes time. Any suggestions?

Dan