nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Dying apricot trees

  • From: Road's End Farm <organic87@frontiernet.net>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Dying apricot trees
  • Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2010 08:58:54 -0400

On Jul 8, 2010, at 8:38 AM, Jim Fruth wrote:

Two years ago, my M-604 apricot bloomed in the Spring, set fruit for its first time and died a few weeks later. This year my Wescot and Brookcot bloomed, set fruit and died. When they die, the leaves go limp as if they ran out of moisture which surely couldn't be the case this year because rain has been super abundant.
Does anyone have a clue as to what might be happening?

Jim Fruth
Brambleberry Fruit Farm
4002 Davis Street
Pequot Lakes, MN 56472

If rain has been super abundant, might they be drowning?

In some vegetable crops, at least, the leaves can show a similar appearance in both crops dying of too much water and of too little water.