nafex - [NAFEX] First Fruit

  • From: Dan Nave <nave1@comcast.net>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] First Fruit
  • Date: Wed, 07 Jul 2010 20:35:42 -0500

I've just picked my first (and only) fruit from all the trees/bushes I planted this spring.

I got about 3/4 cup of red currants from a Red Start Currant that I dug from Sam Brungardt's garden early this spring. (Thanks Sam!) I also got about 6 gooseberries from a bareroot Hinkomaki Gooseberry planted this spring as well. We added about 1 1/4 cup of Saskatoons (June berries) I had picked from a friend's tree and 1 1/2 cup sugar to make a really great syrup which we will have on our pancakes this weekend... ;-))

Dan