nafex - [NAFEX] buy serviceberry FRUIT

  • From: Eric Farnsworth <tropicofkansas@sbcglobal.net>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] buy serviceberry FRUIT
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2010 10:50:53 -0700 (PDT)

I'd start with Chris Chmiel at Integration Acres for frozen paw paw pulp.
Chris is in eastern Ohio.
He might have some ideas for the other fruits too.
It will make a difference when your class is relative to the ripening time of
the fruits you want - juneberries are long gone here, but hickories won't
happen until October.

http://www.integrationacres.com/

Eric Farnsworth
Lawrence Kansas
-many, many black raspberries right now...

> Message: 1
> Date: Sun, 13 Jun 2010 16:36:51 -0400
> From: "Michele Stanton" <6ducks@gmail.com>
> Subject: [NAFEX] buy serviceberry FRUIT (not plants)
> To: "'North American Fruit Explorers'" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
>
> Hi all,
>
> I am looking for a source of fresh or frozen amelanchier,
> native persimmon,
> frozen pawpaw pulp, hickory nuts, etc. and perhaps a few
> other native minor
> fruits to serve to students of an Edible Landscaping
> class.  Do any of you
> have such that you could sell me, or can you recommend
> other sources?
>

> Michele Stanton, M.S.
>
> Instructor of Horticulture
>
> College of Design, Art, Architecture, and Planning
>
> The University of Cincinnati
>
> P. O. BOx 210016
>
> 2624 Clifton Avenue
>
> Cincinnati, OH  45221-0016
>
> 513-556-HORT

  • [NAFEX] buy serviceberry FRUIT, Eric Farnsworth, 06/14/2010