nafex - Re: [NAFEX] MULBERRY

  • From: Hélène Dessureault <interverbis@videotron.ca>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] MULBERRY
  • Date: Sat, 12 Jun 2010 15:10:05 -0400

Douglas, these berries are black when ripe. I will try to reproduce them from suckers in the Fall.

Mulberries are within their growing range in St Catharines On. but completely unheard of north of Ottawa. This is not a recent variety, because of the age of the parent tree... and as I mentioned I suspect it was brought from Virginia. In any case, I will report on this in a month's time. Maybe with a photo of the berries and the tree...

Hélène, zone 3-4

----- Original Message ----- From: "Douglas Woodard" <dwoodard@becon.org>