nafex - Re: [NAFEX] tanglefoot-molasses

  • From: Caren Kirk <quirky@videotron.ca>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] tanglefoot-molasses
  • Date: Sun, 06 Jun 2010 11:55:54 -0400

With regards to molasses, borax and peanut butter, my husband has been mixing up various combinations of borax and sugary substances (molasses and PB included).  He put the mixture in a pot with a lid perforated with small holes and placed it at the base of the tree. However it seems that our ants are very particular and they really are looking for tree sap because the only combination that has seemed to interest them is sugar syrup.

Trust us to be stuck with fussy ants!

Caren Kirk
St. Jerome, QC