nafex - Re: [NAFEX] More on Carpenter bees

  • From: "Lori Rizzo" <larizzo@charter.net>
  • To: "'Hector Black'" <hblack1925@fastmail.fm>, "'North American Fruit Explorers'" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] More on Carpenter bees
  • Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2010 20:52:29 -0400

You go to hobby lobby and buy small corks – soak them in insecticide and then plug up all the carpenter bee holes at night.  My barn is full of them, and they can destroy a lot.  I can’t even go into the barn in the spring, ‘cause I’ve got 6 or 7 males at a time going after me.  If they didn’t eat up the wood, I’d ignore them, but I can’t afford to have them wreck the wood.

Lori

Lori Rizzo, RN BSN MBA

Health Care Quality Improvement

Pet Training & Behavior Improvement!