nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Carpenter bees as pollinators

  • From: "Pete Benfield" <kc5gxc@gmail.com>
  • To: <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Carpenter bees as pollinators
  • Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2010 18:47:24 -0500

I have lots of carpenter bees here. They cover the blueberry bushes when they are in bloom.
My house is cedar board and batten. They had it looking like Swiss cheese.
Last year I had to get vinyl siding put on because the wind was blowing thru the house, thanks to the bees.
The bees are not happy about this. They were all over the blueberry bushes again this spring, but are now hanging out around the barn. The barn's future is dim if another hurricane comes thru...
Pete-MS-Z8