nafex - [NAFEX] orchard update zone 4 Maine

  • From: Richard MURPHY <murphman108@msn.com>
  • To: nafex <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] orchard update zone 4 Maine
  • Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2010 05:13:32 +0000

My Black Gold cherries are absolutely dead.
The Veteran and PF 24C (help me) Flamin Fury peaches came through winter fine.
Stenulson blackberries croaked.
Most of my 'poorly planted' Saskatoons are finally blooming! (bury the crown 1" when planting). The crown needs to be submerged!
Elderberries hate mud. I need to move them to higher ground.
Planted 24 Dunbars plums from Oikos; bought 3 to 6" and raised to 24" in Mass.
Planted Measbi, Meteor, Garfield Plantation and Montmorency cherries on trial.
Planted 20 Salix Alba windbreaks.

Hope y'all are doing OK.

Murph