nafex - [NAFEX] Mulberries for wine

  • From: Alan Haigh <alandhaigh@gmail.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Mulberries for wine
  • Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2010 16:49:43 -0500

The Oscar mulberry ripens all its fruit in a short period and I believe it to be as hardy as IE.  It was selected as a better variety for jellies and wines because of the attribute of a short but heavy crop window.  I don't like the flavor as grown here as much as IE and cut mine down but I use mulberries mostly as a foraging treat for myself, friends and wildlife.  If you're interested, contact Lucille as Whitman Farms and she'll give you a quantity discount if you buy at least a bundle of 5.

  • [NAFEX] Mulberries for wine, Alan Haigh, 04/17/2010