nafex - Re: [NAFEX] How far apart to plant apples?

  • From: Alan Yelvington <alany@semparpac.org>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] How far apart to plant apples?
  • Date: Fri, 02 Apr 2010 20:16:21 -0400

M106 - Semi-dwarf rootstock. Usually produces a tree about 65-75% the size of the same tree on seedling
rootstock. Provides good anchorage. Imparts early bearing fruit and is easily propagated. Reported resistant
to woolly apple aphid. Requires irrigation. Tree spacing ranges from 10 x 18 ft to 6 x 12 ft.

M7a - Semi-dwarf rootstock. Usually produces a tree about 60% the size of the same tree on seedling
rootstock. Performs well in irrigated replant situations, but tends to sucker. Spacing is same as M106.

Taken from http://homeorchard.ucdavis.edu/plant_apple.pdf

Be sure to stake the trees to give them support!

ay