nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Liveland Raspberry Apple

  • From: "Kieran and/or Donna" <holycow@frontiernet.net>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Liveland Raspberry Apple
  • Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2010 08:49:26 -0500

I've picked up apples several summers from a Liveland tree, 30+ years old, belongs to the son of the man who planted it there. It's a pretty big tree, not huge I guess. It crops annually, the apples are good sized and have good texture and flavor for summer apples. They are nice raw, dried, and in pies. I grafted a tree and it doesn't seem unduly bothered by rust, though more than some others like the Winesap. (Hardy Cumberland appears immune to rust, and is a very nice apple.) Donna

  • Re: [NAFEX] Liveland Raspberry Apple, Kieran and/or Donna, 04/01/2010