nafex - [NAFEX] Looking for used beekeeping equipment

  • From: "Jim Fruth" <jimfruth@charter.net>
  • To: "NAFEX" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Looking for used beekeeping equipment
  • Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2010 07:46:27 -0600

I don't agree with Ernest about used beekeeping equipment being possibly fatal to your bees. I belong to the North Central Beekeepers Association and most of us have some or more used equipment.
Really, though, you should be looking locally because drawn honeycomb is relatively fragile and may not survive a shipment intact. Contact your local land grant university and ask their entomologist for contact information of a beekeepers association near you; I'd bet there is one and that would be the best place to ask for used equipment. If you strike out there, ask either of these two beekeeping supply companies: www.dadant.com or www.mannlakeltd.com .

Jim Fruth
Brambleberry Farm Market
P.O. Box 799
Pequot Lakes, MN 56472