nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Pink Champange vs Pink Lemonade Blueberry

  • From: Michael Dossett <phainopepla@yahoo.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Pink Champange vs Pink Lemonade Blueberry
  • Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2010 12:22:28 -0800 (PST)

Pink lemonade and Pink champagne are two separate varieties that were
released from the USDA blueberry breeding program in New Jersey at the same
time. Pink Lemonade is a rabbiteye blueberry and Pink Champagne is a
highbush blueberry, so they are different species and very different from one
another. Just about the only similarity is that they both are derived from
recessive genes that block the production of pigment in the fruit.

Hope this helps.

Michael Dossett
Corvallis, Oregon
www.Mdossettphoto.com