nafex - Re: [NAFEX] pre emergent herbicide for orchard

  • From: "Mark Angermayer" <hangermayer@isp.com>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] pre emergent herbicide for orchard
  • Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2010 10:06:26 -0600

Murph,

As I recall you have a large enough planting you may want to look into
recommendations from the various commercial spray guides. They are almost
all available on line, or for 5 or 6 bucks from the local extension. In
there, not only will you find various choices available but the universities
have also tested the products for efficacy.

>From the trades I read, a lot of commercial blueberry farms use glyphosate
under the blueberries with a shielded sprayer. Blueberries are fairly
tolerant of glyphosate, but if too much is sprayed on them, yields and vigor
suffer.

Here is the Midwest Commercial Small Fruit Spray Guide (1.4MB):
http://www.ag.purdue.edu/hla/Hort/Pages/sfg_sprayguide.aspx It should have
what you're looking for.

Mark
KS