nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Paw Paw Rooting

  • From: "Hector Black" <hblack1925@fastmail.fm>
  • To: <rosholdt@erols.com>, "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Paw Paw Rooting
  • Date: Sun, 7 Feb 2010 17:31:41 -0600

In my experience, it seems to be a combination. The stolons the come off the parent plant and form new trees are shallow, and I have dug them and transplated without any deep roots. Takes these a couple of years to get established. I don't know if they then put down tap roots.
On the other hand seedlings have a strong tap root and all our seedlings are grown in those tall pots to accomodate that.
Hector Black zone 6 middle tn
----- Original Message ----- From: "Rosholdt" <rosholdt@erols.com>