nafex - [NAFEX] Southern Fruit Fellowship Meeting announcement

  • From: Jackie <jakuehn@verizon.net>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Southern Fruit Fellowship Meeting announcement
  • Date: Sat, 06 Feb 2010 22:33:13 -0500

From Chris Inhulsen:

Y'ALL COME TO GEORGIA !  SFF ANNUAL MEETING

The 2010 annual meeting of the Southern Fruit Fellowship will be held  Thursday evening, June 3 through Saturday noon, June 5th  in and around the central Georgia city of Byron.

On Thursday pm there will be an informal time of fellowship beginning around 7 pm ( or whenever you arrive ) in the hotel breakfast area.  Bring your fruit, fruit products, plants and experiences to share with others.  The details for the conference will be handed out at that time.  There will be a registration fee which is yet to be determined....I will make it as low as I can..probably around $20.
 Byron is home to the USDA Fruit and Nut  Station and we will be using their facility for our program on Friday.   Taking a cue from the folks in Abbeville, Louisiana,  we will be joined this year again by interested members of the Master Gardeners of Central Georgia for a day long Mini-Symposium .
 We have assembled a group of top notch folks to talk to us on various aspects of   backyard fruit culture.  Other topics will include current research on pest and diseases and current stone fruit variety development.  We also plan to take tours of the station and end up at my house for supper and panel discussions/member presentations on Friday evening.
Saturday will find us on the road touring local fruit and plant specialty  operations and we plan to end up a a large local packing shed  around noon, at which time the official meeting will come to an end.
A block of rooms has been reserved at  "Comfort Suites" , a very nice new hotel right next to the station.  The physical address is 103 Dunbar Road, Byron, GA   31008. It is located at Exit 149 on I-75 south  a short distance south  of Macon, GA.   Rooms  are $69.99  for 1 or 2 person occupancy.  Extra folks (to a total of 6/room) are $5 more per person.   Call 478 956 1222 and identify yourself as a member of Southern Fruit Fellowship to get the special rate.
Since the newsletter is coming out in March, this may be the only invitation you get.
I am looking forward to it.  Y'all come.

Chris Inhulsen
Montezuma, GA
Questions?   preferably email me  cinhulsen@yahoo.com
I have a cell phone  478 396 4941  but I admit I hate it .  You may have to leave me a message but I will get back to you.

  • [NAFEX] Southern Fruit Fellowship Meeting announcement, Jackie, 02/06/2010