nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Propagation of honeylocust by stooling

  • From: jwlehman@aol.com
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Propagation of honeylocust by stooling
  • Date: Tue, 29 Dec 2009 22:07:08 EST

In a message dated 12/29/2009 10:37:46 AM Eastern Standard Time, jelie@new.rr.com writes:

They are about five years old. I would consider grafting them as well.  From previous emails, it sounded like honeylocust were pretty particular about how/when they were grafted.

Some years back I grafted (or attempted) honey locust.  The method I used was bark graft also called bark inlay and was done in early June. As this was done a couple hundred miles from where I live I never went back to witness the outcome.  But was told many took. My advice would be bark or splice graft done shortly after the bark is well into the slip. This works well for great many tree species.

Jerry

  • Re: [NAFEX] Propagation of honeylocust by stooling, jwlehman, 12/29/2009