nafex - [NAFEX] Off topic. The Botany of Desire on PBS

  • From: Jwlehman@aol.com
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Off topic. The Botany of Desire on PBS
  • Date: Mon, 2 Nov 2009 22:07:40 EST

In a message dated 11/2/2009 9:40:52 PM Eastern Standard Time, sdw12986@aol.com writes:

I haven't watched it yet, on the computer, but it appears that the
entire show can be watched here:  http://video.pbs.org/video/1283872815/
I want to watch it because I missed nearly half of the show on TV.

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the off topic link. I watched the short segment on the Alsmeer flower auction in Holland. I have been there and seen it in action. Totally amazing place. About 60% of each days world total supply of flowers is auctioned there each morning. The short segment doesn't do it justice!

The auction takes place early in the morning and as I recall is over by 10:00 AM. The flowers are then loaded on planes and are shipped all over the world. The auction is owned by growers. Hundreds of acres of greenhouses in Holland.

Jerry

  • [NAFEX] Off topic. The Botany of Desire on PBS, Jwlehman, 11/02/2009