nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Ginko propagation from cuttings

  • From: "Dr. Lucky Pittman" <lucky.pittman@murraystate.edu>
  • To: "'North American Fruit Explorers'" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Ginko propagation from cuttings
  • Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2009 12:28:00 -0500

I had an archived NAFEX post, from a similar discussion, back in 1999, from Rick Valley to mIEKAL:

I have not actually seen it- but on good authority (and having seen the original tree where it was first growing) a few years back in Portland, OR, a construction company had two large jobs going: at one in NE Portland they took out an old house with a large ginko. The other was a new building at Reed College in SE. A woman connected w/Reed happened to see the cut ginko trunk in the company's equipment yard, sprouting. The trunk got hauled to Reed and stuck in a bore-hole and is growing happily- maybe the largest dormant cutting in history. -R

Rick Valley

Philomath, OR