nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Boston Orchards

  • From: Ginda Fisher <list@ginda.us>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Boston Orchards
  • Date: Sat, 10 Oct 2009 08:27:34 -0400

I'm afraid this is too late to help Lori, but in case anyone else is still interested, I'd also like to recommend Shelburne Farm. They are better about roping off under-ripe apples than some places, and also happen to be a very pleasant place to walk around. You can also do some light hiking in the adjacent conservation land.

Nashoba Valley Winery is not especially good about protecting their under-ripe apples from picking, but they grow a wide variety of antiques and exotics. It's best to contact them in advance if you are interested in those, as they are mostly available by appointment only.

Ginda Fisher
finally emerging from other activities, and going apple picking today.