nafex - Re: [NAFEX] pawpaws and wildlife

  • From: nottke1 <nottke1@earthlink.net>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] pawpaws and wildlife
  • Date: Thu, 8 Oct 2009 14:20:46 -0400 (EDT)

Keith,

A friend of mine several miles south of Winston-Salem lives 30 yards from a creek and has several pawpaw trees that love the growing conditions there.  But once the fruit starts to fall he finds a few well-eaten ones down at the edge of the creek every morning - almost certainly raccoons - they strip the skin off and leave a pile of seeds.

Jim