nafex - [NAFEX] [SPAM detected Spam-Test: True ; 3.0 / 3.0] Re: King of fruits? Cross cultural dislikes - High price of durian

  • From: "Dr. Chiranjit Parmar" <parmarch_mnd@dataone.in>
  • To: NAFEX <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] [SPAM detected Spam-Test: True ; 3.0 / 3.0] Re: King of fruits? Cross cultural dislikes - High price of durian
  • Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2009 11:35:55 +0530

However, I was not able to understand one thing about durian.  Why it sells
at relatively much higher price than the other better tasting and pleasant
floured local fruits even in Thailand and Indonesia.

A few years back, I saw durian being sold in Kerala in South India.  It was
priced 100 rupees a kilo which is a VERY high price for a fruit in India.

Dr. Chiranjit Parmar
Mandi  HP  India
www.fruitipedia.com