nafex - [NAFEX] Edelweiss have turned red

  • From: mIEKAL aND <qazingulaza@gmail.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Edelweiss have turned red
  • Date: Sun, 13 Sep 2009 07:54:55 -0500

All of my Edelweiss (from 2 sources) are turning a blush of red/ purple. This is really the first year that I've had a sizable number of clusters. I find it hard to believe 2 different nurseries would have mislabeled them. Reading thru some of Swenson's notes I see in one place how he described that Swenson red can look like a white grape for some people. I'm wondering if this is a similar result. Or is it because folks pick these at a very low brix & they don't have time to develop a blush? I'll try to get a few photos to post.

~mIEKAL