nafex - Re: [NAFEX] plum curc questions

  • From: Richard Harrison <rharrison922@yahoo.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] plum curc questions
  • Date: Sun, 9 Aug 2009 09:21:12 -0700 (PDT)

Alan,
    I grew stone fruit for U-Pic in the 1980's. Imidan was not readily available to me then, so I used Sevin. It was HIGHLY effective. One of the reasons that I believed it was so effective is that it had the ability to kill grubs in the soil. When I sprayed peach trees I noticed that where the spray dripped off a leaf to the ground, large grubs came to the top of the ground. Later on, Sevin became recommended on pecan trees as a soil drench for curculio.
    So may I suggest that you give it a try one season--maybe just on the European plums that are experiencing a control problem.
                                                                         Regards,
                                                                         Richard Harrison