nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Voles

  • From: "ROBERT W JUDY A HARTMAN" <hartmansfruit@msn.com>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Voles
  • Date: Tue, 4 Aug 2009 16:34:19 -0700

There was some discussion regarding the meadow voles on the Home Orchard Society Forum some time ago.  You might want to take a look at the discussion there.
It is http://www.homeorchardsociety.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1201.  My main damage takes place in the winter months.  I purchased and used some of the Quintox that is discussed but it was so late in the spring when I started using it I can't vouch for it yet.  Damage was reduced after applying it but it may have been that it was the time of the year when the damage subsides anyway.  I lost a lot of trees during the winter partly because we had heavy rains which flooded fields on two sides of us and where did the voles go but to our place which was slightly higher than the other two fields.  I could just hear them calling to each other and saying "Dinner".  They love tree roots.

Bob
Western Washington