nafex - [NAFEX] Alan-growing fruit in the munsoon

  • From: Toni Pralle <toni.pralle@gmail.com>
  • To: nafex <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Alan-growing fruit in the munsoon
  • Date: Sun, 2 Aug 2009 12:59:24 -0500

<Well that?s all I have time for now- got to go pick another gallon of
blueberries before they drop.  Of course they?ve been absolutely great.<

Ya know, Alan, there are just some things the rest of us don't want to know ;-)

On another note, my mancharian apricots are making the most terriffic hedge you would ever want to see. Never any fruit though. I'm thinking of cutting them down but it kills me to kill a tree so they've been left to grow. They're at least 4 years old and more likely 5. Is their fruiting day coming or since they haven't so far is it likely they never will unless we get that one perfect season once every 100 years? Maybe someday I can pick fruit. ANY kind of fruit. Well, I did have June strawberries but I had a construction project going right at that time and didn't get them plicked. By the time I was able to get in the bed I had to throw away 90% of them. Made my chickens happy though.

--
Toni in zone 4 Iowa USA
http://www.stopanimalid.org/