nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Paw Paw Doubles ( Anthony Curcio )

  • From: "Ron Powell, PhD" <Botrytis@fuse.net>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Paw Paw Doubles ( Anthony Curcio )
  • Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2009 12:54:59 -0400

Anthony,

I would suggest that you remove just he terminal from the weakest shoot and leave most of the remaining foliage on the weak shoot so that the other shoot will be the dominant shoot.  You may need to remove additional lateral bud breaking on the shoot before fall.  Remove the weak shoot(s) early next spring.

Ron