nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Deer and European Plums

  • From: Steve <sdw12986@aol.com>
  • To: nottke1 <nottke1@earthlink.net>, North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Deer and European Plums
  • Date: Sun, 19 Jul 2009 23:54:22 -0400

Thanks Jim. I have 4 apples trees just several steps away but not a nibble on them so far. The plums are a little closer to where they usually enter the yard.
Tonight I have the driveway alarm guarding the plum trees and the electronic scarecrow is guarding 2 apple trees in case they come in through my neighbor's back yard. If they come in the back yard way, or if they just decide to wander in that direction for a change, they will be blasted with impulses of water. :-)

Steve

nottke1 wrote:
Steve,
The experience of our rural neighborhood, which has many types of fruit, is
the deer favor
the leaves of apple and European plum, then Asian plum, then American plum, then domesticated
cherry, then blueberry - never had any damage on grape, pear, pawpaw, persimmon, or nut trees.
Jim