nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Mis-quoting

  • From: Steve <sdw12986@aol.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Mis-quoting
  • Date: Sat, 18 Jul 2009 14:28:48 -0400

Well, that clears up the problem right there. Alan believed that Jim used one of his comments to form a submission to Pomona. Jim says he didn't submit anything to Pomona.
Some months ago, I gave Jackie Kuehn blanket permission to use anything anything I write here in the Pomona publication. I figured it is the least I can do since I've been too lazy to actually send something in myself. I assume the two of you and many others have given this permission to Jackie some time in the past.
I'm thinking that Jackie pulled together material to make an article. Normally when she does that, it's obvious that it is a collection of posts from here. I wish I had the Summer Pomona to see exactly it was presented this time. If the summer Pomona came out several weeks ago, it's in my bedroom somewhere and I'm not seeing it. If it's new, I didn't get mine yet.
Regardless of how it was presented, I am most certainly not suggesting you complain to Jackie. She does a tremendous amount of work for our organization and I can't even tell you how much I appreciate all she does to keep Pomona going.

Steve in the Adirondacks

Jim Fruth wrote:
Alan, I didn't say that!
................................ ................... I didn't 'send' an article, rather it was lifted from the posts.

Alan wrote:

In an article published in the summer edition of Pomona, Jim Fruth used a
statement I made on this site and and posed it as a question to him, which
it was not.