nafex - [NAFEX] Out of context

  • From: "Jim Fruth" <jimfruth@charter.net>
  • To: "NAFEX" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Out of context
  • Date: Sat, 18 Jul 2009 08:44:27 -0500

Alan Haigh commented on my blueberry growing article and seems to have taken statements out of context.

Alan,
My reason for waiting a year before planting blueberries is to make sure that the soil is acidified sufficiently. If we plant our blueberries before the proper pH is attained, it is difficult to continue acidification because we can't till the soil. It is far easier to acidify soil that has no plants in it yet.
I'd comment on some of Alan's other arguments but I donate my Pomonas to the local library so I can't re-read the article to know for sure just what it was that I said. The best I can do, at this point, is to wonder, "Did I say that?"

Jim Fruth
Brambleberry Farm
Pequot Lakes, MN 56472
For jams, jellies, syrups and more: