nafex - [NAFEX] Imposter fruit trees

  • From: "Jim Fruth" <jimfruth@charter.net>
  • To: "NAFEX" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Imposter fruit trees
  • Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2009 07:37:33 -0500

Responding to someone's probable imposter North Star Cherry, Pete Tallman said, "I suspect you might have an imposter."

Imposters are out there. Once, when I was selling "Duchess" apples at a farmers' market, an apple expert told me, "That doesn't look like a Duchess." My response to him was, "When a nursery sells me a tree, I'm going to call it by the same name as the nursery said it to be."
About a dozen years ago I bought a Mantet apple. I know what the fruit is supposed to look and taste like and am convinced I received the rootstock tree instead.

Jim Fruth
Brambleberry Farm
Pequot Lakes, MN 56472
For jams, jellies, syrups and more:
www.jellygal.com
1-877-265-6856 (Toll Free)
1-218-831-7018 (My Cell)

  • [NAFEX] Imposter fruit trees, Jim Fruth, 07/10/2009