nafex - [NAFEX] NorthStar cherries (and Sure Fire)

  • From: "Jim Fruth" <jimfruth@charter.net>
  • To: "NAFEX" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] NorthStar cherries (and Sure Fire)
  • Date: Mon, 6 Jul 2009 07:18:43 -0500

My North Star Cherry (and the Sure Fire Cherry from Raintree) either failed to harden off last year OR the -38 F winter temperature did it in. Both sprouted from below the snow-line but only the North Star is acting like it will continue to grow. I got over an inch of rain in the Winter so that 18" of snow didn't have much insulation properties and alot of my plants suffered.

Jim Fruth
Brambleberry Farm
Pequot Lakes, MN 56472
For jams, jellies, syrups and more: