nafex - [NAFEX] NorthStar cherries

  • From: "fuwa fuwa usagi" <fuwafuwausagi@muchomail.com>
  • To: <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] NorthStar cherries
  • Date: Sat, 4 Jul 2009 01:13:26 -0700

Gang:

Over the years I have ordered a few NorthStar cherry trees...interesting the
variability in the trees. There are notable differences in the quality and
quantity of fruit, in the ripening dates, and in the size of the trees.
Currently I have 9 trees and two are identical in habit and form, with less
desirable characteristics than the others. The best of these is in its third
year and yielded 25 half pints of cherries, averaging 3/4 inch in diameter,
and about 3/4 the size of typical Bing, left on the tree, the turn into a
delicious and ridiculously juicy sweet tart flavor and alll this of a tree
that if 4 ft tall. Amazing.

I cannot sing the praises enough of these tree as landscape specimens and for
care free maintenance. I have never fertilized mine and the 15 year old
specimens just keep on producing.

Anyways, back to pitting (using a paper clip, I do about 20 half pints an
hour).

tfb

The Free Email with so much more!
=====> http://www.MuchoMail.com <=====