nafex - [NAFEX] Summer pruning

  • From: Deb S <debs913@gmail.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Summer pruning
  • Date: Thu, 2 Jul 2009 11:37:10 -0400

Since none of my trees set fruit this year (evil late hard frost), I am wondering if I can do some pruning now?  I seem to see what needs pruning better when there are leaves on the trees.

Also I have a sweet cherry and peach that both look a little punky.  The cherry looks slightly wilted (kind of depressed) and the peach has some leaves that are orange tinged.  Any ideas on what could be wrong?  Each has another tree of the same type within 15 feet which are doing just fine, so doubt it is a soil problem.

deb
SE Ohio

  • [NAFEX] Summer pruning, Deb S, 07/02/2009