nafex - Re: [NAFEX] of raspberries and peas

  • From: Caren Kirk <quirky@videotron.ca>
  • To: fuwafuwausagi@muchomail.com, North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] of raspberries and peas
  • Date: Sat, 27 Jun 2009 21:46:50 -0400

Unintentially I have lettuces growing in my strawberries this year. No problem there. Also I try and grow spinach just about anywhere I can. Obviously both lettuce and spinach are best at the beginning and end of season and don't really suffer from anything. Chard is another good bet that tolerates the heat and there are some asian greens such as tatsoi that grow well too.

I 've only been doing this for about 5 years but it seems to me that plants in this category/ family don't suffer from too many diseases or pests that could be detrimental to fruit. However I am very zen about the whole thing and I'm not monitoring output to the ounce so maybe there is some subtle effect on crop size.

Good growing!

Caren
Quebec
----- Original Message ----- From: "fuwa fuwa usagi" <fuwafuwausagi@muchomail.com>