nafex - Re: [NAFEX] "science," and deer vs. honeyberries

  • From: "Stephen Sadler" <Docshiva@Docshiva.org>
  • To: "'North American Fruit Explorers'" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] "science," and deer vs. honeyberries
  • Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2009 19:06:13 -0700

Porcupines?

-----Original Message-----
From: nafex-bounces@lists.ibiblio.org
[mailto:nafex-bounces@lists.ibiblio.org] On Behalf Of Matt Demmon
Sent: Friday, June 26, 2009 8:57 AM
To: North American Fruit Explorers

Throw in my two cents two weeks late: I haven't observed any browsing
damage on the tips or young growth of the common exotic honeysuckles
around here, but something loves to strip all the bark off of older
stems 2-6 inches in diameter. Not sure if it's rabbits or deer, but it
usually doesn't cause much of an issue, ocassional death of a stem. My
honeyberries are in my yard, and we have very light deer pressure even
compared to the rest of the area, so I can't comment on them
specifically.