nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Blueberries not finished

  • From: "Lucky.Pittman@murraystate.edu" <Lucky.Pittman@murraystate.edu>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Blueberries not finished
  • Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2009 11:30:22 -0500

I just returned from a week visiting family just
north of Montgomery,AL. Their rabbiteye blueberries
were in full swing - I'd pick 2-3 gallons every
morning before the temps climbed into the upper 90s.

My rabbiteyes here in KY, just north of the TN border
(identities long ago forgotten - they were cuttings
my dad rooted from some of his) are just now
beginning to ripen a berry here and there.
No longer have any northern highbush varieties, as
they fell prey to the bulldozer when my wife decided
to put in a tennis court last fall, but as well as
the rabbiteye varieties produce here, I doubt that
I'll replant northern types - I'll probably go with
all rabbiteye and Southern highbush varieties.

Lucky Pittman
Z6 KY

-

  • Re: [NAFEX] Blueberries not finished, Lucky.Pittman@murraystate.edu, 06/24/2009